Shot from 'Psycho'

Shot from 'Psycho'
Use of chiaroscuro and silhouette of killer to hide the identity

Thursday 26 April 2012

Target Audience and Questionnaire

Potential Target Audience

I believe that our potential target audience is for teenagers from 15- 25, this is because I don't think that a teenage thriller will appeal to the older generation as it is quite new and may not be what they like. The film should appeal to others around our age, especially girls as most of the character including the protagonist are girls, therefore the female audience can relate to the film. The thriller also consists of modern traits such as the titles being a sans serif fonts which are considered new and exciting, just as a mobile phones being such a large theme of our film which is still classed as new and modern. This is why  I think our sequence is aimed at the younger teenage generation specifically girls, rather than those older than 25 years old, it is because of the modern themes like the phones, teenager rooms, use of young female characters and of it being a typical teenage thriller.

Questionnaire

Here is my questionnaire I asked to ta total of 12 people. Of course if this was a much bigger scale production I would have asked much better questions with hundred of people.


Key:
l - Yes/ first answer
X - No/ second answer


Target Audience Questionnaire
Question
Result
Total:
Do you like thrillers with a theme such as a phone, and death calls
Above 30- I I I X X X X X X X I X
Teenagers- I I I I I I I I X X I I
Above 30:
Yes- 4
No- 8
Teenagers:
Yes- 10
No- 2
Do you prefer Se7en or Sorority Row
Above 30- I I I I I I I I I X X I
Teenagers- X X X X I I I X I X X I
Above 30:
Se7en- 10
Sorority Row- 2
Teenagers:
Se7en- 5
Sorority Row- 7
Do you like thrillers that are kept in a compact dangerous areas i.e. House
Above 30- I I I X X X X I X X I I
Teenagers- I I I I X X I I I I X X
Above 30:
Yes- 6
No- 6
Teenagers:
Yes- 8
No- 4
Do you prefer a thriller with a large amount of detective work?
Above 30- I I I I I I I X X X I X
Teenagers- X X X X I I I I X X X X
Above 30:
Yes- 8
No- 4
Teenagers:
Yes- 4
No- 8




Feedback

In class now that every group has finished editing we all managed to watch each others group film sequence, everyone was asked questions about other groups film. When ours came on the class had some feedback positive and negative to give back to us. The first serious point that was given to us was the pace of the thriller and the lack of excitement when watching the thriller. Apparently the class and ourselves had a suggestion for improvement which was shoot a couple more scenes like of the villain walking closer and closer to the door and using perhaps film a shot through the banister rails to make it look like the girl is imprisonment, apparently this would add a bit more atmosphere to the thriller. A second point to focus on was not all the texts at the start were not all the same colour, some were white and others were black. However some positive feedback was the like of the vignette effect on the stairs and the sudden cut and scream as soon as the villain grabs her by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment